Aims and Objectives
- To deliver high quality NHS and Public Health funded services.
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care and encouraging them to participate fully by listening and supporting them to express their needs and wants and enabling them to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- To recognise the diverse nature of the practice population and minimiseinequalities in provision of healthcare by encouraging services into the practice and providing quality primary care medical services in the community.
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing and offering care and advice to our patients.
- To involve other professionals in the care of our patients where it is in their best interest, providing an informed choice to suit the patient’s needs in respect of referrals.
- To continually improve healthcare services to patients through learning, monitoring and auditing
- To take care of our staff, ensuring a competent and motivated team with the right skills and training to do their jobs and to protect them against abuse.
- To act with integrity and confidentiality and ensure robust information governance systems.
- To treat all patients and staff with dignity, independence, respect and honesty in an environment which is accessible, safe and friendly.